Lithgow Fire Protection was established by the Wilkinson family in Lithgow in 1976 as a family owned and operated business. We are 100% Australian owned with no ties to major companies.
In 1999 Bob and Joyce Wilkinson retired with Ian taking over the full running of the business from 1997.
In 2001 the business received an “Outstanding Services” award at the Lithgow Business Awards and in 2003 was a state finalist in the State Business Awards.
2018 Central West Area Zone Finalist, 2003, 2004, 2005, State Finalist.
In addition the business is:
- a fully accredited member of the Safety Institute of Australia and National Safety Council of Australia.
- contractors to:- local, state and federal government, and Lithgow and Central West.
- suppliers to coal mines, quarries and heavy industry.
- fully accredited suppliers and service agents.
Ian Wilkinson with over 45 years in the fire protection industry, N.S.W.F.B., and as past Captain of the Clarence/Dargan Rural Fire Service has numerous qualifications and training awards including:
- Qualified in O.H. & S. Dangerous Goods
- Member of the Safety Institute of Australia
- Qualified in Fire Investigation
- Certificate IV Trainer and Assessor
- Fire Protection Consultant
- Completed Advanced Course of instruction for Industrial Fire Protection Officers by the Fire Protection Association
- Fully accredited Fire Training Officer (Practical and Theory)
- Fire and Safety Inspector (Qualified and Accredited)
- Corporate Member of National Safety Council of Australia
In addition Ian was awarded joint “Lithgow Citizen of the Year” in 2002 and has received 2 NSW Governors award for “Service to Fire Fighting” and “Service to Training” in the fire industry.